Seattle crane collapse witness tried to save student killed in accident

Mail Online | 4/29/2019 | Anneta Konstantinides For Dailymail.com
xxlauzyxx (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/29/15/12863400-0-image-a-47_1556548033532.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/29/4382808809426928677/1024x576_MP4_4382808809426928677.mp4

A man who tried to save one of the victims of the Seattle crane collapse wanted the teen's parents to know that she was not alone in her final moments.

Vince Vasile was the first person to reach Sarah Wong after a crane that was on top of an under-construction Google building crashed onto a busy downtown street.

Wong - Freshman - Seattle - Pacific - University

Wong, a 19-year-old freshman at Seattle Pacific University, was one of four people killed in the tragic accident.

Vasile was waiting for the light to change on Mercer Street when the crane collapsed and crashed into the car behind him.

Eyes - Crane - Truck - Vasile - Children

'I just close my eyes and I keep seeing the crane falling behind my truck,' Vasile, who was driving his children at the time, told KOMO.

'And the truck moving and the clouds of dusts. And hearing all of the sirens and everybody screaming and yelling.'

Vasile - Truck - Men - Driver - Car

Vasile pulled his truck over and then ran out to see two men carrying the driver of the car that had been behind him.

He rushed to the car and first saw a woman who was trapped in her seat belt in the backseat. It was another Seattle Pacific University student who had been sitting next to Wong.

'I - Are - Way - No - Vasile

'I asked her if she was okay. And she was like "Yeah, yeah". I was like "Are you hurt in any way?" and she's like "No, I'm just trapped. I'm trapped,"' Vasile recalled.

'There was a guy walking by and I was like "I need a knife". And he just happened to have a knife. Cut it and pulled her out and that's when I saw Sarah.'

Vasile - Wong - Responders - Scene

Vasile said Wong was still conscious when he saw her, before first responders arrived on the scene and told him to get back.

'I just wanted to make sure Sarah's parents...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!