A La Carte (April 25)

Tim Challies | 4/25/2019 | Staff
k.collazi (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-THURS-940x492.jpg

As always, you can check the Kindle deals page to see what’s new on that front.

Westminster Books has a deal on a book your pastor probably wishes you’d read. Logos users may want to browse through this month’s deals. Don’t forget about the NICOT/NICNT sale.

Circumstances - Way - Love - God - Him

Uncomfortable circumstances have a way of testing our love. “If God called me to serve Him in Bihar, I would probably stand in church and with the deepest passion and commitment declare my love for the people of Bihar. Yet, in that crowded train, when they occupied my space and greatly inconvenienced me, loving them was the last thing on my mind. If I cannot love them in that space how dare I say I love them in any other space?”

Here’s a strange but interesting article on a woman whose mother was the first person to see Jesus in a tortilla. “To this day, my mom can’t describe exactly how she felt — chills, and some combination of ‘extraña, alegre, y con medio’ (‘strange, happy, and with fear’) — but most clearly she experienced a profound calling to keep the tortilla. Still, she wanted confirmation from a person of faith that it was a sign from God. The priest was dubious, at best, but blessed it anyway — and then, despite his skepticism, he told a few people, and then it just spread like wildfire. By the time my sister returned from school later that day, there were hundreds of people waiting in line to see the tortilla, seeking to believe in something.”

Joe - Carter - Supreme - Court - Sex

Joe Carter tells what it means and why it matters that the Supreme Court will decide whether “sex” now includes sexual orientation and gender identity.

John Newton (via Lisa LaGeorge) has lots of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a Government intervention.
Tagged: