The Son Will Rise Soon in the East: The Mystery of . . .

Eidos | 4/25/2019 | Staff
Les7799 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/169/2019/04/9CCD5A90-8508-49D8-87AA-82B5DB0D4015-300x158.jpeg

Easter just took place globally with Pascha still to come for the Orthodox. This is a weekend of history, but also of mystery.

What’s a mystery?

Mystery - Woo - Assertion - Feeling - Power

A mystery is not mere woo, an assertion based on a feeling, power, or rhetoric. That’s a bad way to live life: check with any ethicist. Finding the good life based on our immediate desires is a great way to become a terrible person. (Lord have mercy!) Ancient people afraid of the after life (scary!) invented atheism as a comfort, but that did not make atheism true. The Chinese government have the power to make secularism an attractive option and unlimited money to spend of atheist rhetoric, but truth seekers pick theism all the time. Wanting a thing to be true, even wanting it badly (who wants to die?), is not a good reason to believe it.

A mystery is not irrational: do not believe irrational ideas. Ask any therapist. An idea might be hard to understand without being irrational. What Heraclitus said: “The way up is the way down.” that curmudgeonly philosophy was not being irrational just tricksy. He could have meant something like: “To see the truth (the upward way), one has first to look at nature (the downward way). However, so far as I know “zero is the way the best thing is that you was a great day” means nothing. I formed it by taking the middle word option on my iPad as I entered text. A meaningless sentence is not worthy of belief.

Mystery

What is a mystery?

A mystery is a truth revealed to us that we could not have learned without help. Imagine a person who is not mentally capable of doing certain proofs in logic from start to finish. The teacher comes and gives him the proof and then the student is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Eidos
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: