Dean McDermott is set to referee the Celebrity Boxing match with Thomas 'The Duke' Markle Jr

Mail Online | 4/23/2019 | Ryan Parry, West Coast Editor For Dailymail.com
townskey13 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/23/14/12616112-0-image-a-65_1556027832536.jpg

Reality TV star Dean McDermott has signed up to referee the Celebrity Boxing match between Thomas Markle Jr and Henry 'Nacho' Laun, DailyMailTV can reveal.

The two unlikely heavyweights are chomping at the bit to slug it out on June 29, but McDermott, 52, says he wants to ensure a fair fight.

Luan - Friend - Hollywood - Actor - Mark

Luan, a close friend of Hollywood actor Mark Wahlberg, will be using his ring nickname 'Nacho Extreme' for the match, while Meghan Markle's older brother Tom is called 'The Duke' in a nod to his royal brother-in-law.

McDermott, who has starred in reality shows with his wife Tori Spelling and hosts the Canadian cooking show Chopped Canada, says he has experience in the boxing ring and as a Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) fighter, but admits he'll have to brush up on the rule book.

Mark - Wahlberg - Corner - Mark - Fighter

'Nacho, he's got Mark Wahlberg in his corner, and Mark's a good fighter. So I think that Nacho's going to come out with a little bit more skill,' McDermott told DailyMailTV of the fight.

'Thomas is more of a swinger and a brawler. But I could be wrong, I'm just the ref.'

Fight - Hand - McDermott - Men

Should the fight get out of hand, McDermott said he's confident he can handle the two heavyweight men.

'I'm 6'3', 230lbs, so I can keep these boys under control,' he said. 'I want them to have a good, fair fight. At the end of the day, I don't think either one of them is going to go pro, so this is for fun and fitness.

'Now - Boxing - Life - Boxing - Game

'Now that boxing is back in my life at 52, I'm older, wiser and I know more about the boxing game, I'm a better fighter now than I was as a young man.'

Laun, 54, has been talking tough ahead of the fight, which he says will be a 'slug fest'.

Time

'I'm down for a good time,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!