The Ultimate Gift and Blessing for
Every Age and Stage of Life

(in)courage | 4/24/2019 | Staff
dorkyrocker (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www.incourage.me/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/04182019_MemoriesAndStories-1200x858.jpg

Seventy-four years after it was gifted to her, I have my great-grandmother’s Bible in my dining room. The leather binding is cracked, but the red letters still stand out bold on the pages.

I’m named for the woman who owned this Bible. She raised my precious grandma, who then raised my mom, who in turn brought me (and my siblings) up in the faith handed down to her — like this Bible was handed down, hands to hands, dining rooms to dining rooms.

Kids - Wednesdays - Sundays - Vacation - Bible

And I’m now bringing my three kids to church on Wednesdays and Sundays, enrolling them in Vacation Bible School, praying with them in the car, making sure they have devotionals and Bibles of their own, and making the sign of the cross on their forehead at bedtime.

Thanks to my great-grandma Anna, a woman whose name and faith I share generations later, her great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren know and love the Lord.

Pages - Gift - Impact - Blessing - Words

These pages are a gift, their impact so deep and supernatural that their blessing goes even beyond the words. This heritage volume is precious to me, and when I had the chance to create my own family keepsake Bible, I jumped on it.

I used the new Cover Expressions custom Bible creator to personalize an NLT Journaling Bible that we can fill with tender family memories, notes from special occasions, memories from family gatherings . . . and that our family photos and family verse grace the covers? It’s our own heirloom. I get all teary thinking of my kids remembering this family Bible and continuing to record our life on the pages.

Bible - Family - Gift - Mother - Day

You can make your own personalized Bible too! You can make one for your own family, like I did, or create one as a gift for Mother’s Day, an upcoming wedding or bridal shower, a special edition to bring...
(Excerpt) Read more at: (in)courage
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A man rises to the greatness that is expected of him.