‘The Lighthouse’ First Look: Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson Get Grimy For the Director of ‘The Witch’

/Film | 4/23/2019 | Chris Evangelista
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/the-lighthouse-first-look.jpg

Robert Eggers, director of The Witch, is back with another historical horror tale – The Lighthouse. The black and white film stars Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson as lighthouse keepers in the 1890s, and is set to premiere at this year’s Cannes Film Festival. Ahead of its debut, you can check out The Lighthouse first look below, which features Dafoe and Pattinson looking appropriately old timey and beardy.

Oh **** yeah, give me that sweet black and white horror action, Eggers. As a huge fan of The Witch (I actually think it’s one of the best horror movie ever made), I’m all-in on Robert Eggers’s upcoming The Lighthouse. There’s not that much info about the film’s plot available, but the involvement of Eggers, and the cast comprised of Dafoe and Pattinson, is enough for me. In the above pic, the actors look like they’ve both been plucked out of the past. And I assume the object in the background is the titular lighthouse, but I guess we should wait for confirmation on that. Maybe there’s another lighthouse.

Lighthouse - Aging - Lighthouse - Keeper - Old

The Lighthouse “is about an aging lighthouse keeper, named Old. It takes place in Nova Scotia in 1890.” Dafoe plays Old, in case you were wondering. Eggers shot the film on 35mm black and white stock, which is...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The Democratic Party would be dead without the Republican Enabler Party! GOPe, fighting for Democrats since...