DEAR DISCOURAGED LEADER (5 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE YOU IMPLODE)

CareyNieuwhof.com | 4/22/2019 | Staff
HelloimMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i0.wp.com/careynieuwhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/shutterstock_1160115889-1.jpg?fit=1000,668&ssl=1

Being a leader isn’t the easiest thing in the world. But it isn’t the hardest thing in the world either.

You’re not alone. Leadership is hard at times. In fact, if you’re really leading, there’s rarely a season that isn’t filled with challenges.

Problem - Pop - Corner - Eye - One

Just as you solve one problem, two more pop up. You solve them, and out of the corner of your eye, spot the next one.

I get it.

Leader - Leader - Struggle - Discouragement - Ran

After seeing leader after leader struggle with discouragement and want to quit long before their calling ran out, I wanted to write this note (HT to Casey Graham).

None of us really feel like the most successful person on earth. I don’t. You don’t.

Things - Moment - Days - Something - Feeling

And even though things are going well at the moment and I have so much to be thankful for, I spend too many days wondering whether I’m missing something or feeling like we should be making more progress than we should.

You know what it’s like… The weight of:

Uncertainty - Uncertainty

Uncertainty. Constant uncertainty.

This is the side of leadership they never teach you in college.

Something - Discouragement - Sink - While - Today

So I want you to know something. The discouragement you feel inside is real & coming from somewhere. Think about this and let this sink in for a while today:

The happiest and healthiest people are those whose expectations meet reality.

What do you do with that?

Here are five questions every discouraged leader would do well to ask themselves before they give up or give in.

MY - ORGANIZATION - TO - ME

1. WHAT DO I EXPECT MY ORGANIZATION TO GIVE ME?

No organization will ever give you ultimate peace, fulfillment, joy, purpose, or anything like that. Not even a church. If you are expecting that from being a leader, you won’t find it.

Organization - Something - God

If you are constantly discouraged or frustrated about your organization, it might be because you are hoping it will give you something only God can give you.

And when...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CareyNieuwhof.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: