‘Game Of Thrones’ Episode 8.2: ‘A Knight Of The Seven Kingdoms’ Is The Calm Before The Storm [Recap]

The Playlist | 4/22/2019 | Kimber Myers
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Jaime-Game-of-Thrones-Season-8-Episode-2.jpg

With its single location, this week’s “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms” is the “Game of Thrones” version of a bottle episode. Sure, it takes place all over the castle of Winterfell, rather than in just a single space à la “Pine Barrens” on “The Sopranos” or “Fly” on “Breaking Bad,” but this is as minimalist as this HBO show can get. Directed by David Nutter and written by Brian Cogman, this second episode puts everything in place for next week’s epic Battle of Winterfell, which promises to be the biggest fight sequence ever committed to film. You gotta save money somehow.

“When I was a child, my brother would tell me a bedtime story about the man who murdered our father,” says Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke) to new arrival Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau). “And all the things we would do to that man.”

Daenerys - Family - Revenge - Kingslayer - Solo

But Daenerys doesn’t take her family’s revenge against the Kingslayer. Though his solo arrival confirms that Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey, unseen in this episode) and her armies aren’t coming to the aid of the North, those loyal to Daenerys defend Jaime to her. Even as her hand, the word of Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage) means little.

“The things we do for love,” Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead Wright) says, echoing what Jaime proclaimed in the series premiere as he pushed Bran out the window. However, Bran is as weird as ever, and he doesn’t elaborate.

Tyrion - Word - Jaime - Case - Brienne

But while Tyrion’s word doesn’t help Jaime’s case, it’s Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) and Sansa (Sophie Turner) who win Daenerys over in Jaime’s awkward episode of “This Is Your Life.” After Jaime gives her a look, Brienne jumps to his defense. Sansa is swayed by Brienne’s testimony, which helps bring Jon Snow aka Aegon Targaryen (aka Kit Harington) onto #TeamJaime. With Jon’s approval, Daenerys is in, and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
One of the countries we liberated was Russia, too bad it seems to have cost us our liberty.