AT THE CROSS

Urban Faith | 4/20/2019 | Tonia Williams, Urban Faith Contributing Writer
idkwatitis (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://urbanfaith.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/cross4.png

Up on the cross is where Jesus overcame. I have a victorious life, but I will remain at the foot of the cross.

Sometimes I find myself getting so caught up in me and the things I experience day to day. I think back over my career the past thirty years and I feel as if I’ve been dealt a bad hand. I did all the things I was taught to do to be able to have a prosperous career. After high school, I attended a major university and received a bachelor’s degree. After securing a good job and working for several years, I decided to further my education and get an MBA so I could move up in the corporate world. It wasn’t enough to boost my career, so I joined associations in my field and even held offices. It still wasn’t enough. I had gone as far as I could and started seeking employment with other companies.

Job - Ladder - Management - Group - Board

I got another job, and I was starting to rise up the ladder. But when a new management group came on board, I was stuck again. Less qualified people were hired on my level, even though I had more experience. It became clear to me that it’s not about what you know, but who you know.

I began to feel that life is so unfair. I did all the things I had been taught to do, but I was never able to move into management positions. I complained to God, asking, “Why am I being treated so unfairly? I’ve done the right things, but I’m not prospering like others. What am I doing wrong? Am I being punished for something I did earlier in my life? I go to church every Sunday. I teach Sunday School. I attend Bible study. I sing on...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Urban Faith
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: