This Week In Trailers: Pavarotti, Bliss, Woodstock: Three Days that Defined a Generation, Grass Is Greener, Harvest Season

/Film | 4/20/2019 | Christopher Stipp
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/trailer-greenband-newest.jpg

Trailers are an under-appreciated art form insofar that many times they’re seen as vehicles for showing footage, explaining films away, or showing their hand about what moviegoers can expect. Foreign, domestic, independent, big budget: What better way to hone your skills as a thoughtful moviegoer than by deconstructing these little pieces of advertising?

This week we spark it up for 4/20, get into a slight tussle, luxuriate in the mud for three days, examine one of music’s greatest artists, and pick grapes as the world burns itself down.

Director - Joe - Begos - Film - Dial

Give it up to director Joe Begos for making a film that turns up the dial all the way to bonkers. I don’t know what I was expecting with a description like this, but the best thing I can say is that it delivers on all points.

Known for her dark and macabre artwork, painter Dezzy Donahue (Dora Madison) is in a professional rut. Unable to finish her newest commissioned work, Dezzy looks to reignite her creative juices by letting loose-as in, taking every drug in sight and tearing through raucous house parties and heavy metal bars. After a few nights spent with her debauchery-loving friends Courtney (Tru Collins) and Ronnie (Rhys Wakefield), though, Dezzy notices changes within herself. On the positive side, she’s finally painting again, but she’s also developing a strange desire for blood. As someone who has never been able to control her vices in the first place, Dezzy is quickly and violently consumed by this bloodlust.

Look - End - Trailer - Everything - Alley

Look, if you can make it to the end of this trailer you’ve seen about everything you need to when deciding if this is up your alley. Myself, I enjoy when you think something’s going to zig, but then it zags. You get what you get and you don’t get upset. Luxuriate in the B-Movie quality...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You've go to put up with Free Speech to have Free Speech!