NYC Ballet must rehire 2 dancers fired over nude photos

Mail Online | 4/19/2019 | Associated Press
ali11 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/19/21/12493606-0-image-a-12_1555706822629.jpg

The New York City Ballet must reinstate two male dancers who were fired for sharing nude photos of women and sexually explicit texts, an arbitrator ruled Friday.

The arbitrator decided the company should not have fired Amar Ramasar and Zachary Catarazo, who were both named in a lawsuit by a woman who accused the ballet company of tolerating a 'fraternity-like atmosphere' in which male dancers understood that 'they could degrade, demean, mistreat and abuse, assault and batter women without consequence.'

Ramasar - Star - Ballet - Company - Year

Ramasar, a star with the ballet company who also appeared in last year's Broadway revival of Carousel, said he was gratified to have won reinstatement, adding, 'As I move forward, learning, and evolving, I am eager to once again dance amongst the colleagues I respect, doing the ballets I have held close to my heart for the past 18 years.'

Catarazo said he was 'grateful and relieved' at the ruling but would not return to City Ballet.

Ramasar - Catarazo - September - Lawsuit - Alexandra

Ramasar and Catarazo were first suspended and then fired in September after they were named in a lawsuit by Alexandra Waterbury, a former...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!