Man Gets Life In Prison For Stabbing Policeman At Michigan Airport

www.oann.com | 6/29/2017 | Staff
duck.ie (Posted by) Level 3
FLINT, Mich. (Reuters) – A Tunisian man was sentenced to life in prison on Thursday for stabbing a police officer at the airport in Flint, Michigan, a decision a federal judge said was made easier by the defendant’s defiant and angry remarks in court.

“Do I regret what I did? Never,” Amor Ftouhi, 51, told U.S. District Judge Matthew Leitman. “If I had to do it one more time, I would do it. I regret I didn’t kill that cop.”

Leitman - Ftouhi - People

Leitman noted that Ftouhi stated he wished he was free so that he could continue to harm and kill people.

“I have never imposed a sentence even close to this before,” the judge said. “I wrung my hands about whether that (life) is an appropriate sentence, but after this morning, I have no doubt whatsoever.”

June - Ftouhi - Allahu - Akbar - God

In June 2017, Ftouhi shouted “Allahu Akbar (God is greatest)” before stabbing Lieutenant Jeff Neville, who was working security at Bishop Flint Airport. Other officers wrestled Ftouhi to the ground and prevented him from grabbing Neville’s gun.

An FBI investigation found that Ftouhi, who lived in Montreal, Canada, had legally entered the United States five days earlier and tried on multiple occasions to buy a firearm at a gun show.

Ftouhi - Thursday

Ftouhi said on Thursday...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!