Woman reveals her Uber driver abandoned her after realizing she was getting an abortion

Mail Online | 4/18/2019 | Shirley Donlon For Dailymail.com
moni (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/15/21/12312986-0-image-a-217_1555358811892.jpg

A woman has revealed that she was abandoned by her Uber driver when he realized that he was driving her to a clinic where she would be getting an abortion.

A 20-year-old college student from upstate New York took to Reddit on Friday, April 5, to share her story. The user detailed that she was in an Uber on her way to have an abortion, after unexpectedly falling pregnant.

Student - Post - Molesterstall0ne - Minutes - Car

The student, who wrote the post under username molesterstall0ne, said she was just a few minutes into her car journey to the abortion clinic when the Uber driver realized where he was driving her to, and told her she was 'making a mistake'.

Detailing the traumatic experience, the student said she decided to have an abortion after she fell pregnant, but was 'in no position to care for a child'.

Appointments - Week - Planned - Parenthood - Center

After realizing that there were no appointments for one week in a local Planned Parenthood center, she booked an appointment at an abortion clinic that was approximately one hour away from her university.

She decided to get an Uber to driver her there, as she said she doesn't own a car.

Car - Journey - Driver - Car

Recounting the car journey, she said that her driver seemed 'uncomfortable' as soon as she got into the car.

She said: 'After about five minutes in the car, he asked, "are we going to a planned parenthood?" I said no (because we weren’t), but it set off alarm bells that he would even ask that.

Destination - Name - Doctor - Address - Clinic

'The destination I put in was just the name of the doctor and the address of the clinic, there was nothing that would suggest it was an abortion clinic. After a few more minutes he asked, "are we going to an abortion clinic?"'

The 20-year-old student said she was left shocked after the driver's questions, so she remained...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!