Dame Emma jets 5,400 miles to show how green she is!

Mail Online | 4/18/2019 | George Odling For The Daily Mail;Joel Adams For Mailonline
hoppers911 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/19/00/12453926-0-image-a-59_1555629268976.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/18/5526910497997500625/1024x576_MP4_5526910497997500625.mp4

Emma Thompson arrived at Marble Arch yesterday afternoon to support climate change protesters and urged others to join their numbers.

What she might not have mentioned to them is that she had just flown back to Heathrow Airport from Los Angeles the day before.

Protesters - Government - Times - Individuals - Year

Many of the protesters have demanded that the Government limit how many times individuals can fly each year.

Extinction Rebellion ringleader Robin Boardman-Pattison declared during a television interview this week that flying 'should only be used in emergencies' – despite his own apparently extensive travels.

Flight - Los - Angeles - International - Airport

A flight from Los Angeles International Airport to London Heathrow generates at least 1.67 tonnes of CO2.

Miss Thompson said she had wanted to join the protests sooner but it had been her 60th birthday on Monday.

Dungarees - Sticker - Extinction - Rebellion - Logo

Dressed in black dungarees and wearing a green sticker bearing the Extinction Rebellion logo on her chest, she said: 'I was not here on April 15 because I was with my husband because I was 60.

'I absolutely wanted to be arrested on my 60th birthday but I haven't quite managed that.

Bet - Future

'I bet that will happen in the future.'

The Oscar and Bafta-winning actress added: 'I am so proud and thrilled to be part of Extinction Rebellion, a new movement that has come up behind all the old ones that I've been part of since I was 16 years old.

Movement - Government - 'look - Time

'A movement that's telling it like it is and saying to government 'look, there's no more time. You can't lie and you can't stall any longer'.

'And we will occupy until you take action because that is the only way we are going to save our planet. It's hard, it's inconvenient sometimes but it's much more inconvenient to leave a planet that's so completely destroyed that our grandchildren will be up against things that we cannot even imagine.'

Spokesman - 'She

Her spokesman said: 'She had to fly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Don't panic!
Tagged: