'I've encountered Him' - how one inmate lost everything and found Christ

Catholic News Agency | 4/18/2019 | Staff
marisha (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/13___Ryan_Prasad__Bob_Buckham_at_St_Marys_Jan_2019.jpg

Vancouver, Canada, Apr 18, 2019 / 04:39 pm (CNA).- Ryan Prasad desperately wanted to change his life.

“Every single day before I left my house, I would pray to a God, asking him to help me out of my lifestyle, because there was no way I was going to be able to do it on my own,” he told CNA.

Then-24-year-old - Addictions - Sale - Drugs - Path

The then-24-year-old was battling multiple addictions and heavily involved in the sale of drugs. He knew that if he continued down the path he was on, he would wind up dead. But he didn’t know how to escape.

It would take a prison sentence, nearly two years in a recovery home, and a conversion to the Catholic faith for Ryan to turn his life around – a stretch of time that he says is marked by the grace of God and the support of a faith-based community that was there for him every step of the way.

Ryan - British - Columbia - Canada - Parents

Ryan grew up in British Columbia, Canada. His parents were Hindu, but the religion never sank in for him, and he never practiced it very seriously.

When he was growing up, his household was disrupted by alcoholism, infidelity, and domestic violence. His parents eventually split up, and his mom remarried.

Home - Ryan - Marijuana - School - College

Struggling to process what was going on at home, Ryan starting smoking marijuana in high school. He started college, but dropped out, as the drug began to consume his life.

“I don’t think youth really realizes how much [marijuana] can take from you,” he reflected. “It kills you. It kills your motivation. It kills your drive.”

Marijuana - Habits

Ryan worked part-time and also sold marijuana to fund his partying habits.

When he realized that a friend was making more money than he was, by selling cocaine and heroin, he made the leap to dealing hard drugs.

At first, he was successful, and he moved quickly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Catholic News Agency
Wake Up To Breaking News!
One of the countries we liberated was Russia, too bad it seems to have cost us our liberty.