How the 8 Principles Have Changed My Life

Pastors.com | 4/18/2019 | Website
JimmyJoe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pastors.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/CR-41719C-740x493.jpg

My name is Amy, and I am a grateful believer in Jesus Christ. I am in recovery for betrayal trauma, post-abortion guilt, shame and grief, and codependency.

I grew up in the ’60s and ’70s in a secular humanist home and culture. I was a hippie, joined a cult, and married an addict who was manipulative and abusive. On the outside I became a high-performing businesswoman, super mom, and community volunteer. On the inside I was a mess. My marriage fell apart, and I finally reached out and found Jesus. That was spring 1995, and that was the beginning of my recovery.

Years - Life - Way - Pain - Betrayal

I spent seven years growing spiritually but still living life “my way.” Pain, betrayal, humiliation, and heartbreak were my inside reality. The “outside” Amy continued to run a manufacturing company where I excruciatingly perfected a mask that I had it all together. I thankfully accepted what I felt was God’s discipline and “got right” before him.

God in his mercy gave me another chance at a second marriage to a wonderful Christian man. After two years of my second marriage, with my outside life changed so much for the better, I knew I needed to address the mess that was on the inside. Ten years ago I entered a Celebrate Recovery® Step Group to begin the journey of recovery based on the Beatitudes of Jesus.

Principle - God - Tendency - Things - Jesus

The first principle helped me realize I was not God. And I could not control my tendency to do the wrong things. Before knowing Jesus, I had chosen abortion as my legal “right.” I saw it as a way out of unplanned pregnancies. I didn’t accept God’s sovereignty. Jesus says in Matthew 5:3 that we are blessed when we know we are “spiritually poor” (GNT). It was in my fourth step group that I embraced how spiritually...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Pastors.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: