The Important Role Self-Awareness Plays In Leadership

Orange Leaders | 4/16/2019 | Ryan Reed
duck.ie (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://orangeblogs.org/orangeleaders/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2016/06/ThinkstockPhotos-182100239-cropped.jpg

What is the toughest question you’ve ever had to answer, and who asked it?

Given that somehow you made your way to this exceptional community called Orange Leaders, I automatically know a few things about you:

Leadership - Leadership - Books - Leadership - Podcasts

I know that you study leadership. More than likely you read leadership books, listen to leadership podcasts, and attend leadership conferences, such as Orange Conference or Rethink Leadership.

I know that you desire to personally grow in your ability to lead others and your organization well.

Leadership - Capacity

I know that you want to challenge and think critically about your leadership capacity.

I also know that you love Jesus and His Church and want more than anything to see Him glorified in and through the families under your care.

Community - Lives - Families - Churches—rises - Falls

You know, I know, and as a community, we know that everything—our lives, our families, and our churches—rises and falls on healthy, faithful leadership.

You also know, however, that productivity, time-management, and leadership skills can only take you so far in life and ministry. Even with a perfectly manicured calendar, zeroed inbox, healthy work-life rhythms, and a fully set scope and sequence of curriculum for your ministry environments and leaders, you still hit the wall. Everyone does. At some point, you reach the end of your rope. You may even be contemplating a transition from ministry because you feel burned out, even with everything on the outside seemingly functional within the standards and best practices of leadership.

Anything - Family - Ministry - Leaders - One

If I know anything about family ministry leaders, no one knows how to recruit volunteers better, how to equip leaders more effectively, how to inspire families to action more consistently, and how to create irresistible environments more tangibly.

Yet, the turnover rate among family ministry leaders continues to remain high, especially among student ministry leaders.

Fire - Hearts

Why? What is it that quenches the fire in our hearts for the calling that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Orange Leaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!