YouTube star tries 'extreme tomato diet' for a week

Mail Online | 4/16/2019 | Danielle Zoellner For Dailymail.com
melanie7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/15/17/12298090-0-image-a-4_1555344450099.jpg

A YouTube star attempted an extreme tomato diet for one week where she would eat dozens of them every day in order to promote fat burning.

Remi Cruz, 24, invited followers into what she eats in a day for her latest video, as the YouTuber — known under the name MissRemyAshten — has focused the last year on eating healthy and working out.

Los - Angeles - California - Video - Nutritionist

The Los Angeles, California, native revealed in the video that her nutritionist, who also works with the Kardashian family and Marvel actors, advised doing a tomato-focused diet for one week to help burn fat and increase weight loss.

'I’ve been on this pretty crazy diet with my nutritionist,' Remi said at the beginning of her video. 'I talked about it in a vlog but basically I am on the "tomato diet"... for now, I am in tomato jail.'

'Tomatoes - Food - Tomato - Diet - Bit

She continued: 'Tomatoes are actually the best food to burn fat. So we’re trying this tomato diet just for a little bit, not for too long, just to kind of see how my body reacts.'

Remi is certainly not the first person to promote the benefits of tomatoes as far as supporting weight loss; according to Livestrong, nutritionist Dr. Ann Kulze refers to the tomato as a 'superstar' as far as helping people to slim down.

Website - Tomatoes - Snack - Food - Calories

The website adds that tomatoes make for a great low-calorie snack, and can be considered an ideal 'high-volume' food that helps to fill you up, without adding too many calories, fats or sugars to your daily intake.

For Remi, consuming high quantities of tomatoes certainly isn't a long-term plan - but she explained that her nutritionist suggested the diet as a way to 'crack down' on her weight loss and see what results might follow.

Tomato - Diet

She noted that the tomato diet was not 'sustainable'...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!