Report: Jussie Smollett Cut from Starring Role in Broadway Revival of ‘Take Me Out’

Breitbart | 4/16/2019 | Staff
megzmegz123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/02/JussieSmollettkap2.jpg

Empire actor Jussie Smollett will no longer co-star in the Broadway revival of the play Take Me Out amid lingering charges that the performer staged a hate crime against himself, according to a report.

Jussie Smollett delivered a reading of the 2003 Tony-winning play in New York City 12 hours prior to allegedly faking a racist and anti-gay attack in downtown Chicago. The Daily Mail reported Tuesday that the 36-year-old California native has since been “cut” from the play, citing the controversy surrounding the January 29th ordeal. “Everything was set to go and the producers were planning to announce that Jussie and Zachary Quinto were starring in the play last month,” a Broadway insider told the Mail, adding, “Everyone was so supportive after the attack and then suddenly, everything shifted.”

Newspaper - Source - Ties - Me - Out

The British newspaper, citing a source with ties to Take Me Out, reports people involved with the upcoming production are in “shock” over the controversy surrounding Smollett. “Here is a kid who is on a hit television show, has made a name for himself, and gets the chance of a lifetime,” the unnamed source reportedly said. “He would have come off the sixth season of Empire and kicked off the next leg of his career with a role on Broadway. And...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Welcome to Long Room!

Where The World Finds Its News!