Nolte: Little Miss BossyPants at Netflix Wants to Outlaw the Term ‘Chick Flick’

Breitbart | 4/16/2019 | Staff
Emzah92 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/04/kirsten-king-netflix-640x335.jpg

You know, nothing proves we’re closer to dystopia more than a massive, multi-national corporation like Netflix attempting to outlaw the term “chick flick,” to put a scarlet letter on speech it doesn’t like.

Don’t you just get a warm feeling when a corporate behemoth abuses its cultural influence to tell the rest of what words we can and cannot use…?

Nothing - Future - Corporation - Power - Way

No, seriously, nothing makes me want to embrace the future more than a dictatorial corporation exploiting its power in the most Orwellian way possible — a literal attempt to shrink the size of the dictionary using NewSpeak.

Her name is Kirsten King (of course it’s Kirsten), but for purposes of clarity we will now refer to her as Little Miss BossyPants.

Twitter - Account - Little - Miss - BossyPants

According to her verified Twitter account, Little Miss BossyPants looks to be in her 30s, lives in Los Angeles, has contributed to far-left outlets like BuzzFeed and Teen Vogue, and is like, totally, super-awesomely in “love with bi culture” — so as you can see she’s very much in touch with the common man, with the Heartland, with Mr. and Mrs. America.

Netflix sure can pick ’em.

Little - Miss - BossyPants - World - Problem

Well, Little Miss BossyPants has what one might call a First World Problem — she doesn’t like the term “chick flick.” Yes, her life is that privileged, so privileged she actually enjoys the luxury of being freaked out over the term “chick flick.”

Quick PSA: Can we stop calling films “chick flicks” unless the films are literally about small baby chickens? Here’s why this phrase should absolutely be retired.

Starters - Chick - Flicks - Comedies - Women

For starters, “chick flicks” are traditionally synonymous with romantic comedies. This suggests that women are the only people interested in 1. Romance 2. Comedy. Which I can promise from the men I’ve come across in my life – simply isn’t true.

There aren’t sweeping categories specific to men. You don’t hear people...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!