ICE reverses its decision to deport the widower of US soldier, 22, killed in Afghanistan

Mail Online | 4/15/2019 | Lauren Fruen For Dailymail.com
k.collazi (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/16/05/12327528-0-image-a-58_1555389895573.jpg

The widower of a US soldier killed in Afghanistan is back in America after immigration officials reversed their decision to deport him when it left their 12-year-old daughter in Arizona without either parent, according to reports.

Jose Gonzalez Carranza, 30, was arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers last Monday and taken to Mexico April 10.

Wife - Barbara - Vieyra - September - US

His late wife Barbara Vieyra was 22-years-old when she was killed in September 2010 serving in the U.S. Army in Afghanistan. The couple had a daughter Evelyn Gonzalez Vieyra, a U.S. citizen.

Gonzalez was on his way to his welding job when he was picked up and deported to Nogales, Mexico, forcing Evelyn to live with her grandparents in Mesa, azcentral.com reports.

Decision - Paper - Shelter - Migrants - City

Speaking before the decision was reversed he told the paper he was being kept in a shelter for deported migrants in the city, saying: 'I feel so bad. I'm thinking about, I might never see her (Evelyn) again.'

His attorney Ezequiel Hernandez added: 'There are plenty of people you can go after but not a guy whose wife died in Afghanistan.'

Vieyra - Insurgents - Unit - Kunar - Province

Vieyra died when insurgents attacked her unit in Kunar Province. Her widower -...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a Government intervention.