Elsie's in Haddon Township, New Jersey serves sandwiches on sliced PICKLES instead of bread

Mail Online | 4/12/2019 | Carly Stern For Dailymail.com
crazycool12crazycool12 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/12/20/12206784-0-image-a-11_1555097111106.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/25/8263027961629592320/1024x576_MP4_8263027961629592320.mp4

View this post on Instagram

GUYS are these not the coolest things ever?? Bell pepper sandwiches! 🥪🤩 • • Made them with that formula 👉🏼 (1.5 servings is shown in the pic!) 🥗 2 cups veggies (2 peppers + slice of tomato for extra kicks) 🧀 100-200 calories of fats (2 slices cheese) 🍗 4-5oz protein (4oz deli turkey slices) • • Get my FREE meal plan - link in bio! 🤳🏼💛 • • Thanks @onceuponapumpkin for this amaze inspo 👯‍♀️ • • #collegenutritionist #1starchPerDay #BestBodyBabes #schooldays #weightlosshelp #weightlossresults #weightlossplan #weightlosscoach #healthyswap #healthyeating #healthyfoodideas #eatfoodfeelgood #eatthisnotthat #gogreek #panhellenic #collegefood #collegecooking #collegefoodie #bellpeppersandwich #peppersandwich #coolfood #foodswaps #foodhacks #healthyfoodhacks

A post shared by Rachel Paul, PhD, RD (@collegenutritionist) on

A New Jersey deli is earning a lot of internet love for its sandwiches — which aren't made with any bread.

Elsie's in Haddon Township, New Jersey calls itself the 'home of the pickle sandwich,' and serves everything from turkey and peppers to salami and provolone in between two thick pickle halves.

Shop - Family - Pickle - Recipe - February

The shop uses an old family pickle recipe that's been around since 1901, and since opened in February, it already has plenty of fans.

'We are a sandwich shop but in lieu of bread, we use our Elsie signature pickle, or you can have any of our sandwiches constructed on a cucumber roll-up,' co-owner Katherine Cohen told Thrillist.

Sandwich - Shop - Bread - Sandwich - Bread

'So essentially we're a sandwich shop without bread,' she went on. 'So you bite into a sandwich and, instead of that soggy bread, you have that crisp, crunchy pickle.'

'You think about every sandwich you've ever had, and it always comes with a pickle,' added co-owner Chad Jordan. 'Well, why not have a sandwich on a pickle?'

Idea - Popularity - Cohen - 'People - Minds

Speaking about the idea's popularity, Cohen said: 'People lost their minds so we just rolled with it.'

Elsie's also notes that their bread-free sandwiches are good for people on keto or gluten-free diets.

Shop - Press - Philadelphia - Area - Video

While the shop first got some local press in the Philadelphia area, a video about the restaurant by Thrillist has now been viewed 10 million times since it was posted on Wednesday — and has earned lots of excited comments.

'OMG! I have been waiting for this all my life!!!' wrote one.

Right - Hundreds - Friends - Pickle - Sandwiches

'Send my pregnant a** some of that right now,' commented another, while hundreds have tagged friends whom they think will like the pickle sandwiches.

Some people, though, wrote that they have been making similar meals for themselves at home for years.

Bread - Substitute - Raves - Dieters

It's not the only popular bread substitute that's earning raves among dieters.

In January, a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You've go to put up with Free Speech to have Free Speech!