Dress code for parents? Mom says school turned her away because of her outfit

MSN | 4/12/2019 | Scott Stump
tiana_101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBVR3ad.img?h=630&w=1200&m=6&q=60&o=t&l=f&f=jpg&x=1256&y=228&imgtype=.jpg

Usually it's students who find themselves fighting against school dress codes, often labeled as sexist, racist or just plain unfair.

The roles were reversed for a mother of a high school student in Houston who told NBC affiliate KPRC that she was unable to register her daughter because school officials asked her to leave the property due to what she was wearing.

Joselyn - Lewis - Dress - Picture - Marilyn

Joselyn Lewis was wearing a T-shirt dress featuring a picture of Marilyn Monroe and a headscarf when she she was trying to enroll her daughter in the school and an unidentified administrator at Madison High School asked her to leave.

"She went on to say that she still couldn't let me on the premises because I was not in dress code and I still didn't understand what that meant," Lewis told KPRC. "She said that my headscarf was out of dress code and my dress was too short."

Lewis - Lamar - High - School - Daughter

Lewis had just come from Lamar High School, where her daughter was previously enrolled, and said she did not have an issue there.

"I mean, I didn't understand why my headscarf and my dress would conflict with me enrolling someone in school,'' she...
(Excerpt) Read more at: MSN
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Vote for gridlock, it's our only hope!