‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ First Poster and 14 Images Bring the Saga to a Close

Collider | 4/12/2019 | Matt Goldberg
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-kylo-ren-social.jpg

Following today’s panel at Star Wars Celebration and the reveal of the first trailer and title for Star Wars: Episode IX, officially titled Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Disney has released the first poster along with fourteen images from the upcoming film. The images are all hi-res still from the trailer, but it’s a good-looking trailer, so I’ll take what I can get.

However, I will make a brief digression to talk about how much the shot of Kylo’s reconstructed helmet bums me out. To me, that image says that The Rise of Skywalker is just going to try and ret-con The Last Jedi out of existence. If you’re not a fan of The Last Jedi, then you’re probably pretty psyched, but I liked the bold moves that film made, and I especially like what destroying the helmet does for Kylo Ren. In The Force Awakens, it’s a way for Ren to cosplay as Darth Vader. Darth Vader needed his mask to live; Kylo Ren wears a mask just for theatrical effect. If you strip away the mask, you’re left with the real character. Even Kylo says, “Let...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I'm not always cranky, sometimes I'm actually running!