Strictly cast 'back Anton Du Beke to replace Darcey Bussell on the judging panel'

Mail Online | 4/11/2019 | Laura Fox For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/11/22/12168164-0-image-a-36_1555019280044.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/09/22/943675103308331945/1024x576_MP4_943675103308331945.mp4

Strictly Come Dancing's cast and crew are reportedly backing Anton Du Beke to replace Darcey Bussell on the judging panel, according to The Sun.

A source told the publication that the ballroom legend, 51, is favourite among the show's stars to replace the former ballerina, 49, on the panel, after she announced her departure on Wednesday.

Judge - Craig - Revel - Horwood - Mirror

It comes as judge Craig Revel Horwood told The Mirror he was 'shocked' to hear Darcey was leaving the show, as he rubbished claims that they were paid more than fellow judges Bruno Tonioli and Shirley Ballas.

A source claimed that Anton has the backing of plenty of the show's cast to take over from Darcey, when Strictly returns later this year.

Anton - Cast - Choice - Darceyas - Judge

They said: 'Loveable Anton is the cast's favourite choice to take over from Darceyas judge. Some on the show believe it's time for him to hang up his dancing shoes and sit on the other side of the table.

'Anton is a well-loved professional but it's felt by many that his glory years are over.

'He - Novelty - Act - Chance - Glitter

'He's often placed with the novelty act and has no chance of getting near the Glitter Ball. He isn't a real contender any more.'

MailOnline has contacted representatives for Anton Du Beke for comment. A representative for Strictly Come Dancing declined to comment.

Fans - Anton - Darcey - Judging - Panel

Many fans have already guessed Anton may replace Darcey on the judging panel, though the bookies favourite is currently pro Oti Mabuse.

It comes as Craig broke his silence surrounding Darcey's departure in an interview with The Mirror, admitting he was sad to see his 'best mate' leave the show.

'It - Go - Place - Idea - Thing

He said: 'It's going to be really sad seeing her go, obviously, because I love sitting next to her and I don't know who's going to take her place – no idea. But it's a good thing she wants to do other things.'

'I've sent...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Sorry Mr. Franklin, we couldn't keep it.