JANET STREET-PORTER: Meghan better get ready to fight dirty with nature 

Mail Online | 4/9/2019 | Janet Street-Porter For Mailonline
adele2234 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/09/19/12063472-0-image-a-7_1554834100054.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/24/1448867191187029115/1024x576_MP4_1448867191187029115.mp4

Harry and Meghan are hoping to feel closer to nature in their secluded new home on the Queen’s Windsor estate.

They will be out of the public gaze, miles from the traffic-clogged streets surrounding Kensington Palace - although there can be serious noise pollution from jets landing at nearby Heathrow.

Name - Frogmore - Cottage - Retreat - Fact

The name Frogmore Cottage sounds like a simple rustic retreat but in fact it’s made up of five estate workers homes completely gutted and joined together - so the Royal couple won’t be slumming in peasant lodgings.

The refurbishments have taken months and cost several millions of pounds, with British taxpayers coughing up for structural work and basic fixtures and fittings.

Harry - Meghan - Remainder - Decorations - Room

Harry and Meghan have paid for the remainder, including the interior decorations. There’s a room for early morning Yoga and, we now discover - newly landscaped gardens with an area specially set aside to grow their own food.

Starting married life in a brand new home with a new baby is stressful, so I’m mystified why the couple would want to add to the demands on their time and patience by tending a vegetable patch. Meghan loves to talk about the simple life, about mindfulness and meditation - she will need all those skills and more to grow a cabbage.

Harry - Soldier - Disappointment - Misery - Anything

Harry might be a battle-hardened soldier, but is he ready for the disappointment and the misery that accompanies producing anything more than parsley in a pot or a potato in a tub?

I’m a keen amateur veg gardener with years of experience, and it’s been one long-running battle with wood pigeons, slugs, mice and caterpillars all feasting on my carefully nurtured crops.

Things - Weather - Strikes - Frost - Hailstones

Then, just when things are looking good, the weather strikes and frost or hailstones can decimate the lot.

The vegetable patch is a war zone and gardeners need strong nerves and endless patience. Are the Duke...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!