Key Media Industry Leaders Discuss OTT Ad Services at NAB Panel

Variety | 4/9/2019 | Erin Nyren
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/rexfeatures_10195438au.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Variety co-editor-in-chief Andrew Wallenstein sat down with key leaders in the media industry Monday at the Venetian in Las Vegas for NAB to discuss the impact of direct-to-consumer marketing on content and audience engagement.

“I would bucket what we’re looking at at NAB, would be news gathering tools for CBS News, distribution and end monetization,” Christy Tanner, EVP of CBA News Digital, said at the panel co-presented by Accenture. “There’s a third part — a fourth part — that is a real challenge for us in the streaming space, which is the lack of third party measurement. If there’s one area that I would love to see a demonstration, or somebody offer a solution for, it’s third-party measurement of the OTT space.”

Denise - Colella - SVP - Head - Advertising

Denise Colella, SVP and head of advanced advertising and strategy at NBCUniversal, explained that the company aims to keep its clients on the forefront of advertising technology.

“I’m also here to look at what’s new and what’s exciting with the different vendors that are out there,” she said. “Our job with Adsmart, which used to be our audience studio program, is to bring the best and the brightest of the vendors and capabilities to our clients and help them make audience targeting easier. And it’s also to help them find it exciting and efficient so they can really reach the clients they’re going after and get the best performance out of their campaigns.”

Tanner - Ad - Services

Tanner said that it can be difficult discerning which ad services are the most reliable.

“For CBS as a whole going into the upfront, the quality of content is more important than ever,” she explained. “The trust of the brand and the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!