Texas mother who sold her son to clear drug debt receives six years in prison

Mail Online | 4/8/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
catcrazy24 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/08/05/11990576-0-image-a-94_1554698205544.jpg

A Texas woman who sold her seven-year-old son for $2,500 to pay off a drug debt has been sentenced to six years in prison.

Esmeralda Garza, of Corpus Christi, pleaded guilty to three counts of selling or purchasing a child.

Garza - Money - Laundering - Conspiracy - Child

Garza was also convicted of money laundering and conspiracy to sell or purchase a child.

Investigators said Garza had also been planning to sell her daughters, aged two and three, as well.

Garza - Years - Prison - Son - Years

Garza was given six years in prison for selling her son and two years for the additional charges. The sentences will run concurrently.

Texas Department of Public Safety special agents discovered Garza's son at a home in Corpus Christi while executing a drug search warrant in June. Garza's daughters were also in the home.

Woman - House - Authorities - Boy - Garza

A woman at house told authorities she had purchased the boy from Garza for $2,500, according to USA Today.

Garza then told investigators that she and her boyfriend had owed drug money and gave her child to the woman.

Woman - Cash - Debt - Custody - Paperwork

The woman gave her $500 cash to clear the owed debt. They were supposed to receive an additional $700 when the custody paperwork was signed.

Roland Olivarez II, the seven-year-old's father, said he had no idea his son was in danger.

Trust - Thing - Olivarez - KIII - July

'He put his trust in her, and that was the last thing he would think she would do,' Olivarez told KIII back in July.

'I never thought she would do this to my child. He just...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.