Fear Tricks Us Into Living A Boring Life

Kristen Welch | 4/7/2019 | Kristen
Frost123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://wearethatfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/unspecified-3-600x400.jpeg

I am not brave.

I like safety. I like control. I like comfort.

Plan

I like a plan.

When I said yes to God, I didn’t know where it would take me, but I knew I couldn’t live another day for myself. I didn’t know leaving behind my safe, comfortable life and waking up from the American Dream would take me on a journey of wild obedience.

But it has.

There has never been a wild thing about me–not my hair, my clothes, my lifestyle, my past. Nothing. I have always lived a calculated, well-planned, safe life. If you watched the first ten years of motherhood on video, you would hear me say “be careful” in a sing-song warning to my children 1, 784,200,290 times.

Safety

Safety first.

But now, with a God-sized yes tucked under my belt, people assume I am courageous.

People - Something - Courage - Faith - Bravery

That’s what happens when we see people do something scary. But more often then not, they are terrified—I am still terrified. We don’t need more courage to live out our faith. We don’t need more bravery, we simply need peace to look fear in the face and discover that love is the cure for what scares us.

Whether it’s losing our life for the sake of the gospel or dying to our wayward flesh, we can let our fear strengthen us. Fear is a present weakness; it is also a catalyst to keep saying...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Kristen Welch
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .
Tagged: