Smartly-dressed race-goers hurl punches and swing bats during brutal mass brawl

Mail Online | 4/6/2019 | Sophie Law For Mailonline
princia (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/06/15/11940778-0-image-a-41_1554560332687.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/04/06/6678554505988688644/1024x576_MP4_6678554505988688644.mp4

A vicious mass brawl broke out between well-dressed race-goers and youths following Ladies Day at Aintree in shocking footage.

In the video, dozens of suited men trade punches with hooded thugs as huge weapons are brandished following antics at the Grand National.

Women - Dresses - Fascinators - Heels - Horrific

Women wearing dresses and fascinators while carrying their high heels are seen desperately trying to break up the horrific fight.

One of the youths has a large wooden bat which he swung around his head.

Traffic - Scuffle - Road - Group - Men

Traffic is brought to a standstill as the scuffle spills out onto the road as a group of men roll around on the ground during the alcohol-fuelled brawl.

Toward the end of the clip the racegoers appeared to force the youths back.

Racegoers - Hold - Bat - Youths

One of the racegoers managed to grab hold of the wooden bat, which forced the youths to flee.

Officers were called to the former Old Roan pub on Copy Lane, about a mile from the racecourse, at 7.30pm on Friday following reports a large group of youths had confronted racegoers.

Boy - Suspicion - Affray - Investigation

A 16-year-old boy was arrested on suspicion of affray but has since been released under investigation.

Horrified witnesses told the Liverpool Echo that some yobs were spitting at people and targeting vehicles near to Old Roan train station at around 7pm.

'They - Pack - Mentality

One said: 'They were all in black like a pack mentality. It made me physically sick.

'They targeted visitors to our city.'

'I

Another said: 'I am still too upset to talk about it. It shocked me so much.

'It was horrible to witness and I can't get the images out of my head. I can't stop crying. I know it's a minority of Liverpool, but they are taking over our beautiful city.

Scouser - Today

'Not feeling like a proud Scouser today.'

A local man told the publication that the youths dressed in black had been 'spitting' at racegoers prior to the fight.

It...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!