Pete Buttigieg: Hey, Sorry For Saying “All Lives Matter”

Hot Air | 4/4/2019 | Staff
jenny1246 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/pb.jpg

It makes me laugh that not even the lefty flavor of the month can escape getting hit for lack of wokeness while he’s enjoying his moment in the sun. His offense in this case: A single pedestrian comment made four years ago which, in context, obviously wasn’t intended to minimize police brutality against blacks.

SEE ALSO: Lori Loughlin’s daughter: My parents always told me, “You only get one reputation”

Contradiction - Risks - Officers - Day - Order

“There is no contradiction between respecting the risks that police officers take every day in order to protect this community, and recognizing the need to overcome the biases implicit in a justice system that treats people from different backgrounds differently, even when they are accused of the same offenses,” Buttigieg said at the time.

“We need to take both those things seriously, for the simple and profound reason that all lives matter,” he said.

Point - Excuse - Cops - Job - Bias

His point was that it’s no excuse for cops to say that their job is hard when it comes to racial bias. Yet because he’s technically guilty of a thoughtcrime, declaring that “all lives matter” instead of “black lives matter,” he must atone. Another (much longer) longshot candidate in the race, Wayne Messam, dinged Buttigieg for his transgression today:

Wayne Messam, the Democratic mayor of Miramar, Fla., and a long-shot 2020 presidential contender, said Buttigieg’s comments “lack true understanding of the issue at hand.”

Black - Americans - Country - Justice - System

“Black Americans have organized all across this country because we have an unequal justice system, not because anyone demands special privileges,” Messam said in a statement. “‘Black lives matter’ doesn’t mean that all lives do not matter, rather it is a cry for equal treatment in the greater circle of justice for all Americans. This is an important issue...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Hot Air
Wake Up To Breaking News!