Chasten Buttigieg, husband of Pete, says he's enjoying watching people fall in love' with husband

Mail Online | 6/16/2018 | Emily Goodin U.s. Political Reporter;Kayla Brantley For Dailymail.com
jesse456 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/05/01/11883744-0-image-a-12_1554424470857.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/01/23/6072586611881036960/1024x576_MP4_6072586611881036960.mp4

The schoolteacher husband of presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg told DailyMail.com he's 'enjoying watching people fall in love with' his husband as the couple have shot to political stardom on the campaign trail.

'I really don't mind sharing him on the trail because I'm really enjoying watching people fall in love with him,' Chasten Buttigieg told DailyMail.com at a fundraiser for his husband in Washington D.C. Thursday evening.

Rising - Fame - Buttigieg - Spouses - Senators

He also brushed away his own rising fame. Buttigieg, 29, is quickly becoming the favorite - over the spouses of senators Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar and Kirsten Gillibrand - in the race to become America's first 'First Gent' in 2021.

'I just take it as it comes,' he said of the attention. 'It's really exciting to be out there with Pete and share his message. I know it was really important to us from the get go to be ourselves, both of us to be authentic selves and put it out there.'

Buttigieg - Jeans - Shirt - People - Twitter

Buttigieg, dressed casually in jeans and a blue checked shirt, also said he's glad people are enjoying his increasingly popular Twitter feed with its posts of jokes, gifs, and the couple's rescue dogs.

'I'm glad people are finding the Twitter feed refreshing and funny. I'm not trying to be someone I'm not. Neither is Pete. I think people are just are responding to that because they see themselves in the campaign,' he said.

Couple - Handshakes - Selfies - City - Winery

The couple was swarmed for handshakes and selfies at City Winery, where about 500 people paid to see the mayor of South Bend talk about his presidential ambitions.

Peter Buttigieg said he was picturing a nice, quiet night at a bar but noted that, instead, 'this feels more like a rally' as the crowd cheered him on.

Couple - Buttigieg - Shot - Bid

The couple is campaigning both together and separately in Buttigieg's long shot bid to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!