‘My Friend Has Now Become My Bishop’

The Deacon's Bench | 4/4/2019 | Staff
smnth28 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/56/2019/03/Untitled-1.jpg

From Triple D, Deacon Doctor Bill Ditewig:

Today, a man with whom I have prayed, worked, and socialized for some twenty years has officially been named the seventh archbishop of the Archdiocese of Washington, DC. Since I am a Deacon of the Archdiocese, my friend has now become my bishop. Archbishop Wilton Gregory of Chicago, and longstanding Archbishop of Atlanta, now assumes his greatest challenge yet.

Appointment - Flaws - Failings - Archbishop - Naysayers

I am certain there will be those who question this appointment; I am not one of them. I am certain there will be those who will point out any flaws and failings of the new archbishop; I am not one of them. For any naysayers out there: give the man a chance.

I write because I believe I know the man. As he has said on several occasions, “we have history.” I first met him while he was serving as Bishop of Belleville, Illinois and I was working on the drafting committee of a USCCB document on deacons in the United States. As a young teenager, I had attended my first year of high school seminary in Belleville, and we chatted about that. A couple of years later, I served on his diocesan staff in the Diocese of Belleville as he assumed the presidency of the USCCB. Immediately after, I applied for a senior staff position at the USCCB and it was then-Bishop Gregory who called to tell me I had the job. Over those years at the USCCB...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Deacon's Bench
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do I know who I am?
Tagged: