OPINION: MISSOURI TEACHER CHARGED WITH RACISM FOR SHOWING PRAGERU VIDEO

The Daily Caller | 4/3/2019 | Staff
Mkgirlz (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/PragerU-Screenshot-e1528809680856.jpg

I am a recent immigrant from Mexico and I am not yet a United States citizen.

I know what racism is.

Mexicans - Catholic - Years - Husband - Daughter

Like most Mexicans, I am a traditional Catholic. For years, my husband and our daughter and I lived as expats in Saudi Arabia where we were part of a vibrant underground Catholic Church. A little less than four years ago when he had to retire from his oil company job, we moved to his native city, St. Louis. He told me it’s one of the most Catholic cities in the United States and a good place to raise children.

We moved to an urban neighborhood with a Catholic parochial school that appeared to be alive. We joined the parish, St. Margaret of Scotland. We worshipped there, and we supported it and the archdiocese financially, as generously as we possibly could. We enrolled our daughter, who will graduate from 8th grade next month.

School - Feminist - Gender - Ideology - School

Very soon the school started to disappoint me. There was a left-wing feminist current and “gender ideology” which is not appropriate for a Catholic school. There was constant talk of “inclusivity.”

I don’t want my daughter to be “empowered.” I want her to be educated. Still, I knew it was far better than the St. Louis urban public schools.

Spot - Dennis - Unverferth - Studies - Model

The bright spot was Dennis Unverferth, the middle social studies teacher. He is the model of a Christian gentleman, father and husband, a faithful and humble follower of Jesus Christ. He was the school’s best teacher, a scholar of American history. He is very popular with both the girls and the boys, a role model of a real man. Our daughter was fortunate to have him this year for homeroom, American history, and math.

With better education and experience than most other teachers in the school, he worked as a labor of love. For 10...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!