GMA Gushes Over Valerie Jarrett's Friendship with Obamas, Invites Her to Bash 'Diabolical' Republicans, Trump

NewsBusters | 4/2/2019 | Staff
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/good_morning_america_-_8_39_45_am_-_8_45_27_am_-_07_02_54_am.jpg

We’ve come to expect former Obama officials getting off easy when they appear on the morning shows. However, sometimes the complete lack of any sort of impartial standard really is shocking. That was the case Tuesday when former Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett came on ABC’s Good Morning America to promote her new memoir called "Finding My Voice." The Democrat operative received the star treatment from the hosts, who couldn’t stop gushing about her friendship with the Obamas and her positive “light,” while inviting her to tear into President Trump and Republicans as evil.

Robin Roberts opened the interview praising Jarrett’s “remarkable story” going “from a little girl growing up in Iran to a single mom in Chicago, all the way to the White House” to become a “political powerhouse" who was like a “big sister” to the Obamas. Roberts spun an incident where top female officials complained they weren't heard by the president, was "easily solved" before quickly moving on to let Jarrett tear into Republicans and the current administration:

Problem - Others - White - House - Republicans

“That problem proved easy to solve. Others in the White House were more difficult. Especially relationships with Republicans,” she intoned. Jarrett sneered that Republicans were “diabolical” with no real pushback from Roberts:

VALERIE JARRETT: For the entire eight years President Obama was there, it was this short-term political strategy that I considered diabolical and not in the best interest of our country.

ROBERTS

ROBERTS: You believe that.

JARRETT: I believe it was a very, very political, raw political strategy and then to what end?

Democrat - Official - Talks - Opponents - Roberts

If a Democrat official being invited to talks smack about her political opponents wasn’t bad enough, Roberts then asked Jarrett to criticize the current administration.

ROBERTS: What are your thoughts when you look at the political landscape today, 2019?

JARRETT - Landscape - Today - Ways - Tone

JARRETT: I think the political landscape today in some ways is depressing. I think tone does...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!