Karina Vetrano's killer Channel Lewis brags from behind bars about making the front pages

Mail Online | 8/2/2016 | Keith Griffith;Emily Crane For Dailymail.com
PaMe (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/04/03/01/11789648-0-image-a-12_1554250254302.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/10/4698039617757659149/1024x576_MP4_4698039617757659149.mp4

The killer convicted of murdering Queens jogger Karina Vetrano has bragged about the news coverage the case drew.

'I'm on the front page - of both papers,' boasted Chanel Lewis, 22, in a jailhouse interview with the New York Daily News on Tuesday, going on to try to remember how many covers had been devoted to his crime.

Lewis - Daily - News - New - York

Lewis was referring to the Daily News and New York Post, which both splashed Tuesday's covers with news that a jury convicted Lewis of the August 2016 murder and sexual assault of the 30-year-old jogger.

The media-savvy killer had been known to call newspapers during the two trials it took to secure a conviction, complaining of conditions on Rikers Island and demanding coverage of his plight.

Story - Lewis - Daily - News - Tale

'Are you going to write a story?' Lewis once pleaded to the Daily News after sharing a tale of another inmate ejaculating into a communal hot pot.

On Tuesday, he was evasive with the paper when asked about his conviction.

Process - Lawyers - That

'We're going to appeal the process,' he said. 'I'm going to let my lawyers handle that.'

He refused to say anything when asked how he felt about the verdict or victim.

Lewis - Nothing - Vetrano - Family - Cheers

Lewis said that he had nothing to say to Vetrano's family, who erupted in cheers and clapping when he was convicted on Monday in a second trial, after the jury was hung in the first trial.

'I'm focused on my family,' he said. 'They're trying to hang in there.'

Vetrano - Body - Family - Home - Howard

Vetrano's body was found dumped near her family's home in Howard Beach soon after she vanished while out jogging.

The jury delivered the verdict just hours after they began deliberating on Monday following the closing arguments. His previous trial ended in a hung jury in November.

Vetrano - Family - Supporters - Applause - Lewis

Vetrano's family and supporters erupted into applause when Lewis was found guilty on all counts.

'Jubilation....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!