Variety Relaunches TV Podcast Offerings With ‘TV Take’ and ‘My Favorite Episode’

Variety | 4/2/2019 | Variety Staff
elio25 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/variety-tv-podcasts.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Variety is doubling down on tube talk. The entertainment industry news leader has relaunched two podcasts devoted to all things TV: “TV Take with Daniel Holloway” and “My Favorite Episode with Michael Schneider.”

Both podcasts aim to tackle the TV business from unique angles, and feature conversations with some of the industry’s top-tier creators, producers, talent, and executives.

TV - Take - Relaunch - Variety - TV

“TV Take” is a relaunch of Variety’s previous TV podcast, “Remote Controlled,” which Holloway took over after being named Variety’s executive editor, TV, in November. “TV Take” features interviews with stars and showrunners from today’s hit shows, as well as conversations with executives and Variety journalists about the key TV headlines of the day.

Recent “TV Take” guests include Paul Simms and Taika Waititi (“What We Do in the Shadows”), Kal Penn (“This Giant Beast That Is the Global Economy”), Ken Jeong (“You Complete Me, Ho”), Anna Paquin (“Flack”), and Bradley Whitford (“Valley of the Boom”).

Variety - Favorite - Episode - Schneider - TV

Variety’s “My Favorite Episode,” hosted by Schneider (who also hosts the weekly TV segment “Screengrab” for KCRW), is where stars and producers gather to discuss their favorite TV episodes ever — from classic sitcoms to modern-day dramas — as well as pick a favorite episode from their own series.

Listen: Jeanine...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!