THE OTHER SLIPPERY SLOPE AND THE END OF TIME

Christianity.com | 3/22/2019 | Staff
k.collazi (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.swncdn.com/christianity/resource/areas/newchristianity/resources/images/defaultimages/article-large-landscape.png

One of the more well-known ideas about cultural change is the “slippery slope.” The notion is that when you take a step down a slippery slope, you are at risk of losing your footing and can end up sliding all the way down to the bottom—no matter how determined you were to walk only a certain distance down the slope. The term is often applied to first steps that seem innocent enough, or at least few would sensationalize, yet they are steps that put you at risk for sliding further than anyone would have envisioned.

Typically, this is cast in terms of moral steps—i.e., you begin with accepting homosexuality as a legitimate lifestyle and you end up with gay marriage or, more to the point, any number of other imagined sexual liaisons being affirmed that were previously considered immoral.

Slippery - Slope - Hold - Slope - Signs

But there is another slippery slope that is taking hold. It’s the slope marked with signs that read “tolerance,” “discrimination,” and “hate.” Specifically, it’s placing such signs on areas of simple, but profound, moral disagreement. If I believe that homoerotic behavior is against my personal beliefs, deeply rooted in conviction and religious faith, then I am considered intolerant—someone who engages in discrimination and part of a “hate” group. It doesn’t matter that I am not socially or legally intolerant. It doesn’t matter that I do not engage in economic discrimination nor that I have any “hate” in my heart at all.

I disagree; therefore, I am practicing discrimination. I am intolerant. I am a hater.

Disagreement - Action - Result - Anew - Stories

Further, this disagreement is now license for any and all available punitive action as a result of that labeling. I was reminded of that anew with three stories from last week’s news.

First, Chick-fil-A was prevented from servicing the San Antonio airport because of its “anti-LGBTQ” views. This was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christianity.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a Government intervention.