Whoopi Goldberg defends Joe Biden against Lucy Flores allegations

www.foxnews.com | 4/1/2019 | Staff
tictac399 (Posted by) Level 3
Following an allegation that former Vice President Joe Biden inappropriately touched and kissed a former candidate in Nevada during a 2014 campaign event, Whoopi Goldberg is coming to his defense.

During "The View" on Monday, the daytime talk show panel addressed the recent allegations Lucy Flores made against Biden, 76, with Goldberg saying that some would say the potential 2020 Democratic candidate is "overly familiar" with people he interacts with and explaining that he’s just “a hands-on kind of guy."

Co-host - Meghan - McCain - Flores - Moment

Co-host Meghan McCain then went on to discuss how Flores "does not claim this is a MeToo moment" and the rest of the panel, including Joy Behar, chimed in.

"... She felt annoyed or uncomfortable with it, so we have to accept that," Behar said. "But I don't think it rises to points we've been listening to about Harvey Weinstein and the rest of these people. It just doesn't look like that.

Joe - Biden - Florida - Vice - President

"We all know Joe Biden," she continued. "He's been here. I remember when I met him in Florida before he was Vice President, and he was so friendly. He's a close talker. He comes up right to your face... so he talks close. He touches. That's what he's like and I feel it would be really unfortunate if we got rid of everybody who's just an affectionate kind of person. Those are nice people too."

Echoed Goldberg: "He's a toucher."

Friday - Flores - Encounter - Piece - New

On Friday, Flores detailed the alleged encounter in a piece she wrote for New York Magazine’s The Cut. She claimed the incident happened at a campaign rally in early November 2014, when she was attempting to become the state’s lieutenant governor. Biden appeared at the event to help round up support for Democrats in Nevada, she wrote.

Flores was in line, waiting to go on stage at the rally when she claimed to have “felt...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.foxnews.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!