Elton John Calls for Boycott of Sultan of Brunei’s Hotels over Anti-Gay Sharia Laws

Breitbart | 4/2/2019 | Staff
superdudea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/04/EltonJohn22-640x335.jpg

Pop icon Elton John has joined calls for a boycott of hotels owned by the Sultan of Brunei after the leader declared that homosexuality will be punishable by death under stricter adherence to Islamic Sharia Law.

Last week, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah announced that under new laws in the Muslim-majority country, anyone found guilty by a Sharia Court of sodomy, adultery, or rape would face the death penalty, including by stoning. Homosexuality is already punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

John - LGBT - Rights - Activist - Partner

John, who is a long-standing LGBT rights activist alongside his partner David Furnish, said he was joining actor George Clooney in efforts to “send a message” to Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah that such treatment will not be tolerated.

“I believe that love is love and being able to love as we choose is a basic human right,” the 72-year-old wrote on Twitter. “Wherever we go, my husband David and I deserve to be treated with dignity and respect – as do each and every one of the millions...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!