Legacies: Julie Plec Talks Klaroline Easter Eggs and Her Dream Guest Stars

TVGuide.com | 3/30/2019 | Lindsay MacDonald
Click For Photo: https://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2018/07/11/45ff3d15-3442-4036-aa44-989f91365718/thumbnail/1300x867/4f5d368c956f1ae3bffff957967b8ef3/180711-joseph-morgan-candice-king-the-originals.jpg

When The Vampire Diaries and The Originals executive producer Julie Plec first pitched the concept of Legacies, a spin-off set at a magical boarding school, fans understandably had mixed feelings about it and wondered whether it would live up to the legacy its predecessors left behind. After all, blood, sex, and murder were pretty key components of the Salvatores' and the Mikaelsons' stories, so how would a show focusing on their kids be able to pull that stuff off?

Now that Season 1 has officially come to a close, it's safe to say Legacies not only lived up to its potential, but it also expanded upon and improved the brand of the franchise overall. Seriously, what fantasy universe isn't improved by dragons?

Plec - Reception - Show - Year - Reward

For Plec, the positive reception the show received in its freshman year is a reward in and of itself. "It's been really, really gratifying to see people who weren't even sure if they wanted to tune in be surprised by how delighted they are by the show," Plec told TV Guide. "I've loved seeing feedback from people who have never seen the other two shows, who found the show can be wonderful in its own right without needing the context of 200 and some episodes of two other series. I love this show deeply because it has just been a lot of fun to make, and it is just so nostalgic and emotional and funny in ways that I never thought that it could or would be. I'm thrilled that people love it, because I love, and have been falling in love with it, all season long. I'm excited to do it for a long time and for fans to just want more and more."

To Plec's point, the show is shiny and new in a lot of ways; it's got...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!