CNN PANEL BOMBARDS SMOLLETT ATTORNEY WITH QUESTIONS

The Daily Caller | 3/14/2019 | Staff
blockstyle (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Screen-Shot-2019-03-27-at-9.57.40-PM-e1553738363229.png

A CNN panel bombarded the lawyer of “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett with questions during a segment on Anderson Cooper’s show Wednesday night.

Smollett’s lawyer, Tina Glandian, appeared on Cooper’s show with CNN legal analysts Jeffrey Toobin and Laura Coates.

WATCH

WATCH:

“I think the fact they charged so many counts is all the more reason this looks so odd to everyone that all 16 counts were dismissed two-and-a-half weeks after he was arraigned on these 16 counts. So there is obviously very different ways they could have tried to dissolve of this case and they’re initial offer to us involved a dismissal. This wasn’t something that was negotiated.”

Client - Plan - Victims - Crimes - Client

“Does your client plan to apologize to the actual victims of hate crimes who will now be disbelieved because of your client’s ridiculous stunt here?” Toobin asked.

“I disagree with your categorization this is as ‘a ridiculous stunt.’ Again, he’s not been convicted of any crimes,” Glandian responded. “It is unbelievable to me the amount of conviction in his guilt when prior to him ever stepping foot inside the courthouse and now the 16 counts were dismissed against him by the state attorney’s office in such a high-profile matter and the fact that people still call it — calling this a ridiculous stunt is actually very offensive to me.”

Person - Mayor - City - Chicago - Victims

She continued, “The only person who should be apologizing is the mayor and the city of Chicago. That is who should apologize to the victims of hate crimes who will now hesitate to come forward because they don’t want to be charged with 16 counts themselves.”

“What was his relationship with...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Caller
Wake Up To Breaking News!