Crazy Train: ‘Hardball’ Panel Offers Conspiracies on Mueller Report, Trump as a Dictator

NewsBusters | 3/26/2019 | Staff
marked (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/2019-03-26-msnbc-hardball-barrtrumpconspiracytheory1.jpg

Tuesday’s Hardball saw an opening panel led by host Chris Matthews that showed the desperation of the liberal media following Attorney General Bill Barr’s Sunday letter on the main conclusions of the Mueller report. In roughly 15 minutes, they peddling conspiracy theories that this rollout was conceived of sometime ago, that Barr was picked solely to save Trump, and that America’s now a “crazy country” because it elected Trump.

Like far too many of his colleagues in the press trying to still muddy the waters on Trump, Matthews wanted to know why “[i]f the President was so damn innocent, why does it take two years to get cleared of collusion” even though Mueller led “a thorough-going investigation we had to have in this country.”

Liar - Obama - Administration - Official - Ben

Sniveling liar and former Obama administration official Ben Rhodes was one of Matthews’s panelists, ruling that he will not “accept the four-page memo of an attorney general” because he “auditioned for the job wrote a memo to Trump saying that the Mueller investigation was discredited.”

It’s safe to say he would accept the findings if it were Eric Holder or Loretta Lynch and move on, but none of his pals run the Justice Department.

Bar - Rhodes - Trump - Presidency - Obama

Using a rather low bar, Rhodes hit back at the Trump presidency by holding up the Obama White House as more credible because “in eight years, there were zero indictments in our administration” while “[t]his special counsel administration yielded many indictments of people around Trump.” That’s like saying the Obama presidency was scandal-free!

Moments later, Matthews formally launched this conspiracy theory about Barr, Trump, and co. hatching this plan to mislead the world (click “expand”):

MATTHEWS - Sort - Cleverness - Trump - Help

MATTHEWS: [I]t seems to me there is some sort of cleverness behind what Trump's up to here and perhaps with the help with Bill Barr. The man he put in as attorney...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!