Jussie Smollett insists he has been truthful about his 'race hate attack' from the start

Mail Online | 3/26/2019 | Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
megzmegz123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/26/19/11490126-0-image-a-2_1553628021291.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/03/26/9020016307070480805/1024x576_MP4_9020016307070480805.mp4

Jussie Smollett has insisted he has been 'truthful and consistent' since day one after charges against him were sensationally dropped on Tuesday and he escaped a possible 48-year prison sentence.

Moments after his court appearance, the Empire actor gave no other explanation for the attack, but said: 'I have been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one. I would not be my mother's son if I was capable of even one drop of what I have been accused of.

'This - Time - Life - Man - Faith

'This has been an incredibly difficult time, honestly one of the worst of my entire life. But I am a man of faith and I am a man that has knowledge of my history.'

An unwavering Smollett added: 'I would not bring my family, our lives or the movement through a fire like this. I just wouldn't.

Chicago - Mayor - Police - Officer - Claims

It didn't take long for Chicago's mayor and chief police officer to hit back at his claims of innocence.

They slammed prosecutors' decision to drop all charges against him as a 'whitewash of justice' on Tuesday.

Press - Conference - Chicago - Police - Superintendent

Speaking at a press conference with the equally enraged Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie T. Johnson on Tuesday, Mayor Rahm Emanuel insisted repeatedly that Smollett was guilty of staging a hoax attack on January 29 and that he did it for a raise.

He slammed Assistant State's Attorney Joe Magats' decision to drop the 16 felony charges Smollett was hit with by a grand jury, a move he said he took because Smollett is not a 'violent threat' to the community.

Magats - Decision - Calls - Boss - Kim

Magats' decision comes amid calls for his boss, Kim Foxx, to face investigation for exchanging text messages with Smollett's relatives in the early stages of the investigation.

She tried to wrestle it out of the hands of the Chicago PD and have the FBI take it over at the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!