Celebrated Ohio pastor Charles Booth dies of cancer

www.christianpost.com | 3/26/2019 | Staff
Zorra (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/05/230500.jpg

The Rev. Charles E. Booth, a celebrated Ohio pastor and civil rights activist who preached the power of prayer, died Saturday after a protracted battle with cancer. He was 72.

Booth was the senior pastor at Mount Olivet Baptist Church in Columbus where he preached for more than 40 years. He died while in hospice care, Tamara Hartley, a former executive assistant and office manager at the church, told NBC4i.

Profound - Preacher - Rev - Timothy - Clarke

“He was a profound preacher,” the Rev. Timothy Clarke told The Philadelphia Tribune. “He was one of the great preachers of his generation, hands down.”

On Monday, as local and national leaders remembered him, Booth’s church shared a clip of their late pastor preaching about the importance of prayer for Christian leaders shared at the 49th pastoral anniversary of Bishop Jerome H. Ross.

Power - Ability - Phrases - Power - Prayer

“Your power is not in your ability to use cute and tricky phrases. Your power is in your prayer life. ... And I’m not just talking to preachers, I’m talking to deacons and anybody else who is really serious about your spiritual power. If you want power, examine your prayer life. If you ain’t got a prayer life you ain’t got much power,” he said in the clip from the 2015 sermon.

“He was a true gentleman and a great friend,” Clarke, who is pastor of the First Church of God, told The Philadelphia Tribune. “Preachers all over the country are mourning him because of his friendship.”

Preachers - Kelvin - J - Anthony - Pastor

Preachers like Kelvin J. Anthony, senior pastor...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Is it real news?? or MSM news??