House Upholds Trump National Emergency, Veto Override Fails

Breitbart | 3/26/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/03/GettyImages-1129043361-640x335.jpg

The House failed on Tuesday to override President Donald Trump’s veto of a resolution that would terminate his national emergency declaration to build a wall along the southern border.

The House failed to override Trump’s national emergency, 248-181, with strong Democrat support for the bill and few Republican defectors.

Reports - House - Republicans - Emergency - Resolution

According to reports, some of the House Republicans voting for the national emergency resolution include Reps. Justin Amash (R-MI), Greg Walden (R-OR), and Thomas Massie (R-KY).

President Trump vetoed a bill that would end his national emergency on March 15, meaning that Democrats would need a two-thirds majority to override the president’s veto. The Democrats’ failure to pass the bill through Congress means that the battle over Trump’s national emergency will likely move to the courts.

Today - Resolution - Trump - Legislation - Congress

“Today, I am vetoing this resolution,” Trump said when he vetoed the legislation. “Congress has the freedom to pass this resolution, and I have the duty to veto it. And I’m very proud to veto it.”

The House passed its the version of the legislation with the help of 13 Republicans and passed through the Senate with the help of 12 Republicans.

Republicans

Many Republicans have said...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!