The Voice: Adam Levine and Battle Round team adviser Charlie Puth reveal 'best buds' relationship

Mail Online | 3/26/2019 | Paul Chavez For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/26/07/11461430-0-image-a-91_1553583788299.jpg

The Voice started its Battle Round on Monday by revealing that Adam Levine and his team mentor Charlie Puth were 'best buds'.

The 40-year-old Maroon 5 frontman leaned on Charlie, 27, to help prepare his artists for a dueling duet and called him the 'perfect adviser'.

'We - Friends - Charlie

'We know each other. We're friends. We work out,' Charlie said.

Adam meanwhile gushed about his pal.

'He - Knowledge - Music - Ability - Music

'He's got a vast, incredible knowledge of music, and he has the ability to see the music in ways that most people can't do, and so he's the perfect adviser,' Adam said.

Charlie shared that he sleeps over 'a lot' at Adam's house and said they often talk about music.

Adviser - Adam - Living - Record - Producer

'I wanted to be an adviser, and I was really excited when Adam asked me because this is what I do. This is my living. I'm a record producer. I try and get the most out of an artist, including myself,' Charlie said.

The See You Again singer also recounted how they met and became buddies.

Charlie - Pacific - Coast - Highway - Adam

Charlie said he was driving on Pacific Coast Highway when he saw Adam in a friend's car.

'And I rolled down my window and I said, ''Where are you going for lunch?'',' Charlie said.

Adam - Lunch

Adam interjected that they stopped and had lunch together.

'We became best buds ever since,' said Charlie who previously was an adviser on season 11 of The Voice in 2016 for Alicia Keys.

Charlie - Adam - Singers - Domenic - Haynes

Charlie helped Adam's singers Domenic Haynes and Trey Rose for their Battle Round performance to I Need A Dollar by Aloe Blacc.

Adam wanted to change the arrangement to distinguish their voices and Charlie ran with the idea.

'Do - Bass - Thing - Shaker - Thing

'Do like a little bass thing and a shaker thing,' Charlie said as he planned out a 'musical rollercoaster' to separate their voices.

Domenic and Trey took the suggestions by Adam and Charlie to heart as they battled it out.

'I'm just...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .