American Idol: Katy Perry drops to her knees and sobs during proposal to singer on Hollywood Week

Mail Online | 3/26/2019 | Dailymail.com Reporter
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/26/07/11462988-0-image-a-110_1553586080974.jpg

Katy Perry completely lost it at a surprise proposal onstage during Monday's episode of American Idol.

Johanna Jones, 23, had been the last of 70 contestants to perform solo, gushing about her boyfriend who could not be there because of finals.

Beau - Matt - Zavoral - Onstage - Performance

Her beau Matt Zavoral, however, strolled onstage after her performance of Chris Isaak's Wicked Game, with the contestant looking genuinely stunned.

'I haven't been here all week because of exams, but I couldn't wait another day,' said Matt, who drove 11 hours to get to Hollywood.

Knee - 'Johanna - Love - Life - Will

Getting down on one knee, he said: 'Johanna, you're the love of my life. Will you marry me?'

Johanna's mom freaked out, shouting throughout: 'This is not happening right now! Shut up!'

Nothing - Katy - Sobs - Knees

But that was nothing compared to Katy, 34, who let out loud, theatrical sobs and even dropped to her knees as she cried.

'Alright, get off the stage,' she finally called out jokingly, running up to hug them and gushing 'Oh my God!' at the ring.

Johanna - Dad - Thumbs

'He did ask me first,' Johanna's dad called out. 'He got the thumbs up.'

After the couple left the stage, Katy continued her sobbing, saying: 'I need makeup.'

'Why - Someone - Course - Hollywood - Orlando

'Why won't someone love me like that?' she asked, with her of course now engaged to Hollywood star Orlando Bloom, 42.

Even before the proposal, Johanna had called Matt the 'most supportive, loving, awesome guy I've ever met.'

'I

'I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think he's probably the one,' she had said. 'But we don't need to tell him that quite yet – I mean, I don't know if he knows, but I know.'

She said not being able to be there had 'broke his heart' – admitting, 'he was crying, actually' – with Matt later saying it took 11 hours to drive there.

Singer - Home - Night - Johanna - 'No

With 30 singer going home that night, Johanna said of her engagement: 'No...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!