Jim Carrey Says Awards Season Is A ‘Gigantic Clusterf*ck’ He’s Not Interested In

IndieWire | 3/25/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/shutterstock_9946049ad.jpg

Jim Carrey is expected to pick up his first acting Emmy nomination later this year for his work on the Showtime comedy series “Kidding,” but don’t expect the actor to drop everything so he can vigorously hit the awards season campaign trail. Carrey, who has rarely been an awards darling despite turning in beloved comedic and dramatic performances for decades, recently spoke to Vanity Fair about his annoyance with Oscar season and how campaigning is a game he just has no interest in playing.

“There’s a lot of monkey business that goes on around awards,” Carrey said when a reporter brought up he has yet to earn an Oscar nomination. “[It’s a] gigantic clusterfuck…if you don’t show up to a certain dinner, you **** your chances and all those things. I’ve never been real good at playing that game.”

Time - Twinge - Something - Award - People

“The only time I’ve ever felt a twinge of something about an award or not getting nominated is whenever people tell me I should be,” Carrey continued. “Like, really? Should I be disgruntled? I had a wonderful time and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!