Jameela Jamil reveals she was 'punched in the face' by a man after she rejected his advances

Mail Online | 3/25/2019 | Faith Ridler For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/25/15/11432882-0-image-a-23_1553527681987.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/11/28/2768296750567635133/1024x576_MP4_2768296750567635133.mp4

Jameela Jamil has revealed she was once 'punched in the face' by a man after she rejected his advances as a teenager.

The television presenter and actress, 33, recalled the encounter on Twitter on Sunday - and hundreds of people have since shared similar experiences with street harassment.

Jameela - Time - Stranger - Interest - Excuse

Jameela, who was just 19 at the time, said the stranger became aggressive when she snubbed his romantic interest and 'didn't have an excuse'.

She wrote: 'I once said no thank you to a man when I was 19 and didn't have an excuse... and he punched me in the face.

'After - Boyfriend - Woman - Ice

'After that whether or not I have a boyfriend, I say I do. Being a woman is truly, constantly scary. It's like existing on thin ice.'

The Good Place star went on to say 'we need to change the way we see rejection as a society' so it 'doesn't feel like the ground it swallowing you up when someone says no.'

'This - Need

'This would lessen their need to lash out,' she wrote.

The series of tweets sparked a conversation between the actress' 736,000 followers - who began to recall their own experiences with 'scary' responses to rejection.

User - 'I - Guy

One user said: 'I once politely turned down a guy who approached me mid-shopping by saying what you did.

'He said he was surprised I had a bf with my 'attitude', carried on walking with me and said I'm probably too expensive anyway before another guy stood in between us and asked if I was OK.'

'I - Story - Attention - Guy - F******

Another commented: 'I was telling a story about unwanted male attention to one of my guy mates recently. He uttered the f****** awful cliche "You should be flattered".

'What's sad is he genuinely meant it & I've been trying ever since to get across how so-called positive attention can be scary.'

And a third said:...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!